Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Another Chapter, and an Official Announcement!

First things first, dear readers, Blade's Edge Chapter 14 is up and ready for your enjoyment!

Please read and +vote the newest chapters if you haven't already. Your support on this project makes a huge difference to me in many ways. First of all, it motivates me to keep revising/rewriting this story and getting it out there for people to enjoy. Second of all the effect snowballs, the more support I get from my current readership, the more likely I am to pick up new readership and that is really my primary reason for trying out JukePop Serials to begin with.

Thank you so much, to everyone who has read and +voted the story so far. It really means a lot to me.

And now, the official announcement that I have hinted at periodically over the past couple of months:

Back in January corey and I decided that we were ready for something new in our lives. We love VVS (our current place of employment/home) and we love the Sedona area, but we have both gotten itchy feet and decided we need to move on. To where you ask?

Why to Winnipeg, Manitoba of course!

Yep. You read that right. We're moving from Arizona (land of sunshine, warmth and gorgeous rock formations that one can hike, climb or scramble to the top of) to Winnipeg. If you're not familiar with the area, check out a google map. It's a lovely place, but it's pretty cold in winter, and rather ummm... flat. So a lot of our friends (even the ones who already live in Winnipeg themselves) are looking at us like we're crazy. Which is a distinct possibility, but hey, that's never stopped us before.

Corey has insisted that we will take up the great art of curling. Here is a picture to let you know how I feel about that:

*Actually, I kind of like the idea, but don't tell anyone, it ruins the picture.*


"But Virginia," you say, "what will you do in Winnipeg? Do they need Spanish teachers there?"

The short answer is probably not, and I don't care if they do.

Why, you ask?

Because I'm going to start writing FULL TIME!

Let me type that again, because it was so much fun the first time: I GET TO WRITE FULL TIME!!!!!

Ahem. Sorry about that, I got a little excited.

Corey has a few things lined up that he predicts he can support us with, and in the meantime I get to write full time. Hopefully, it won't take too too long before I can bring in some income of my own that way. It's going to require a lot of hard work, but I've never been more excited about a job.

Probably because it's what I've wanted to do since I was thirteen.

In addition, I don't have much choice in the matter until my Canadian PR card goes through, because you know, before that it will be illegal to work in Canada.

So I will happily be writing away, getting paid in the US for my writing.

Woot!

We move this summer, after my contract here wraps up for the year. We are both extremely excited. Hoping that this post finds all of you well.



2 comments :