Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year, New Look, New Book!

Well folks, it's been 2015 for about 6 days now, and the new year has already brought a whole lot of new with it.

First of all, in the past week I have FINISHED the formatting, and the final edits to the print version of Blade's Edge. This is exceedingly exciting because now, as soon as I get the final cover image from the designer (they have to adjust the spine for the exact page number) I can order proof copies for myself and my copy editor. WOOHOO!

In addition I am ALMOST finished with the formatting for the ebook (both epub and mobi) but I have to finish applying the changes made in the final copyedit.

This morning, I took the opportunity to mess with the website design rather than work on formatting (yesterday was an intense day of transferring edits and doing final touches on formatting so I needed a small brain break) and if you're looking at this page you can see the results of that adventure. I'm still not sure I like the banner for the title, but I'm going to leave it alone for a while and see if it grows on me. Getting the artwork to meet the blogger template requirements was a pain, but only because I was using the wrong tools for the job. Once I started using things the right way everything became easy.

This book is so close to being in print that I can barely stand it. I'm ready to jump around and celebrate, but it's... Not. Quite. Time.

Well, I had best get back to actually formatting the ebook. I promise to blog more, and about more diverse and interesting topics, as soon as I'm done with the book.

In the meantime, here is a photo of the puzzle that my husband and I put together over the holidays:

Being trapped indoors can have it's upshots.

No comments :

Post a Comment