Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Chapter Four, and a Big Shout Out to My Cover Artist

Well, folks, Chapter Four is up and ready to read. Click this link to check it out! Also, please remember that if you haven't created a JukePop Serials account (click that link to go straight to the registration page) you won't be able to read anything beyond chapter one and you also won't be able to +vote my story.

Creating a JukePop Serials account is easy (it can be just one step if you have a Facebook account and want to link the two) and it helps me tremendously if you actually +vote all of the chapters. New readers are far more likely to check out my story if it's already got a number of +votes, so that, even more than possibly earning money on the website, is a big boost to my writing career. Thanks!

In other news, I left out a very important piece of my last blog post and that is a huge shout out to a good friend and colleague of mine (whose name I won't specify here in case he's publicity shy - though I doubt he is) who worked with me to create the awesome book cover for Blade's Edge. For those of you who don't know, graphic design work doesn't come cheap, so to have a friend with a graphic design degree is a great boon to any author, especially when said friend is generous enough to let you pay him later when the book has maybe actually generated some income, instead of right this second when you're kind of broke and can't possibly give him what he deserves. Yay!

If said friend lets me know that it's cool, I'll come back and post his name here, but in the meantime let's all just say: "Thanks, ******!"

You guys can trust me when I say that he's awesome.

Well, I really need to get back to writing for National Novel Writing Month. That novel is still happening (though it's been on hold for a few days) and I have to knock out 20k words in the next four days so I had better get cracking.

Thanks, everyone, for your support! I hope you enjoy reading Blade's Edge and that you all have safe and happy holidays. Chapter five might be up in the next 24 hours if I can get my NaNoWriMo words down in a timely fashion. Wish me luck!


No comments :

Post a Comment