Monday, November 2, 2015

Brief ComiCon Report and New YouTube Video!

Hey folks!

Well, I am happy to report that ComiCon was a great success, and a wonderful experience. I hope to write up a longer review of the experience in the not too distant future, but for now some highlights:

  • amazing cosplay
  • tons of enthusiasm
  • kind and interesting people
  • meeting lots of local artists
  • meeting the creators of LFG (one of my all time favorite webcomics)
  • having someone who bought Blade's Edge on Friday come tell me that he'd stayed up until 4 am reading it on Saturday night
  • making new friends
  • meeting someone whose sister in law is from the same town we lived in when we lived in Japan
  • meeting amazing people in general

Ok. Many more details to come in a future post, but for now here is what was meant to be the official first post of the youtube channel. It got supplanted by the NaNoWriMo video due to timing decisions.




I will post another video in the future that discusses the pros and cons of indie vs. trad publishing later on this month. I hope this is useful to some folks in the meantime. 

I may fall off the blog for a bit this week as I am prepping not only to go on my trip on Wednesday, but also to move from one apartment to another before that. (Long story, but we're not going far, just moving into a larger place. And I say "we" but the husband is going to wind up doing most of the moving on his own as I will be in Arizona.)

On that note, I'm off to get a few words of NaNoWriMo down on paper before I have to dive into all the prep for departure. Hope everyone is well. Happy fall! 

No comments :

Post a Comment