Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Newest Blade's Edge Chapter, a Free eBook, a Survey, and My Thanks

Well, Blade's Edge Chapter 22 (aka Part Three: Chapter 6) went up last night and is ready for your perusal. Sorry for the delayed update, on the blog. Got caught up in letting everyone over on facebook know about it.

Also, Blade's Edge is now at #32 for the month of July... just shy of the top 30, it could use a few more +votes!

In other news people have donated over $20 to support Blade's Edge in the past 24 hours! A huge thank you to the people who have chosen to support Blade's Edge financially.

Please remember though, that even if you can't support Blade's Edge financially, you can do just as much (or even more) by recommending it to a friend who you think might enjoy it, or reading and +voting it yourself.

My sincere gratitude to everyone who reads and supports my writing in any form.

As a thank you to everyone, and an enticement to those new to my work, Rain on a Summer's Afternoon: A Collection of Short Stories is available for free in ebook format from now until Friday! On Saturday the price will return to it's regular $0.99.

Your support and generosity over the past few months has inspired me, and I am planning on running a kickstarter campaign to raise funds in order to release a full length novel (with a professional cover this time -among other things). But before I do, I could use your feedback. I have created a short (and mildly humorous) survey over on survey monkey in order to get your feedback! The survey is meant to be funny, but it's also very useful to me so if you have two minutes and are looking for entertainment, please check it out.

Today marks just over five weeks since I officially switched over to writing full time. Tomorrow marks the last day of my first FULL month of writing full time. It's been an amazing journey so far, and I have learned more about the publishing industry in the last few weeks than I ever thought I could. It's exhilarating to be a student again (of sorts) and many of the hours I have logged over the past month have been research on marketing techniques, publishing methods, distribution channels, and many other things I won't bore you with. This really is running a one woman business and it's a challenge I find both exciting and terrifying at once. So thank you to everyone who has supported me over the past few weeks in any way, shape, or form; from encouragement, to buying me coffee, to reading my work and everything in between. I am truly rich with friends and supporters and those who love me and I just want to take a moment to let everyone know that I appreciate the hell out of all of you!

And no, I'm not drunk.

I'm just taking a moment to appreciate how wonderful life is.

So thank you, dear readers. There is much work to be done, and many challenges ahead, but I look forward to them all and I thank you for joining me on this adventure.

I'm hiding... you can't see me...





2 comments :

  1. Like Blitz and Krieg in the grass. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes! I am a giant, white, german shepherd hiding behind a single blade of grass.

      Delete