Monday, May 16, 2016

Achievement Unlocked!

Last night at just after 11pm a wonderful thing happened...

Traitor's Hope

I FINALLY finished the first draft of Traitor's Hope. The draft I've been working on since September of last year. The draft I had originally hoped to have published by this weekend. The draft I didn't touch for the entire first trimester of pregnancy because it was just too overwhelming to write fiction for some reason. That draft.

It's done.

Of course, that's just means I'm about half way (or less) to having a finished book, but it's still huge progress. From here, I will start on the major revision, which will take about four to six weeks. Then I will send the revised draft off to beta readers. Then I'll address beta reader concerns in the next draft, then I'll send it to my editor. Then, I'll format it. And THEN it will be ready for readers. Yay! My goal is to have it out before Speck joins us on the outside, because I have a feeling I'll be a bit distracted with the arrival of the wee-un. So fingers crossed that that works. 

In the meantime, I'm off to work outside with the dog in the beautiful weather. I have lots to do, but everything seems easier and better when one is sitting in a field under a tree with the sun on one's face, don't you think?

So I'm off to do that. In the meantime, I leave you with a picture of Artemis being adorable, as usual.




No comments :

Post a Comment