Monday, January 18, 2016

Very brief...

On my walk with the dog today, I came across a few things that made me chuckle (including a large man walking two very small dogs wearing coats and boots) but I will share the one that was the most "Manitoba" here.

I saw two guys in their early twenties snowboarding down the slope from the trail to the river... which is all of about 35 feet of slope and covers only 15 feet of vertical descent.

As someone who grew up at least partially in the Colorado rockies...

I at least managed to contain my laughter until I'd gotten far enough away that they wouldn't assume I was laughing at them.

Of course in a province that has a "ski hill" set up in one of its larger drainage ditches with a ski lift and everything... I suppose it's not really that surprising. Especially when said ditch charges 32CAD for a single day lift ticket for a hill that any of my deceased grandparents could have walked up repeatedly lugging skis were any of them still alive or, more creepily, returned to life as zombies who for some reason feel compelled to ski in a ditch.

Maybe those guys I saw in the park were smarter than I gave them credit for.

No comments :

Post a Comment