Friday, April 17, 2015

A Happy Announcement!

No, not that.

Nope, not that either.

Geeze, mom, calm down, it's definitely not THAT. And if I told you that over a blog post you would have my permission to smack to me.

Ahem.

I am, however, very happy to announce that for the foreseeable future the lovely people at Cassowary Publishing will be in charge of marketing and promotion of Blade's Edge! This is incredibly exciting as it will return to me a lot of the time that I need to spend on writing and revision of other projects. For me, that is huge and a very exciting prospect. So keep an eye out for a few things:


  1. A new twitter account devoted solely to Blade's Edge announcements. If you're interested you can find it @bladesedgebook. (And if you're into that kind of thing, don't forget to follow my original twitter account @gwendamned, and, if you're into publishing content and news--or just crazy looking birds--@cassowarypub.)
  2. A pinterest account devoted to Blade's Edge full of images of what the fantasy world of Gensokai might look like, some possible character lookalikes, some badass katana pics, and, of course, women with swords. :-)
  3. Some other new social media accounts devoted to Blade's Edge. I'll be sure to let you know as they appear.
In the meantime, I'm going to go out to the outdoor office, which is in the process of redecorating yet again, to spend some time actually writing and revising... BECAUSE I CAN!! And because I no longer feel weirdly guilty about working on new projects because the awesome folks at Cassowary Publishing are all over promoting Blade's Edge for me. 

It's strange to think that working on writing and revising would ever make me feel guilty (that is, after all, MY JOB) but ever since Blade's Edge went to print it has actually done so... making me feel as though I were somehow giving up on Blade's Edge by trying to work on new projects (or old projects that are just getting ready for publication). The mind is a strange and interesting place, full of contradictions and paradoxes... What can I say?

Anyway, that feeling is gradually easing as I shift control of marketing over to Cass-- (ok I'm just going to start calling them CP, alright? Cassowary is a long and awkward word to type and publishing is just long) over to CP and feel like it's in good hands. 

Alright, the longer I linger here, the less revision I'm getting done, so that's it! I'm out of here! Here is the latest picture from the office: 


And here's an extra shot of Artemis looking cute, because why not?


I hope spring is treating the rest of you as well as it's treating us at the moment. 

2 comments :

  1. So cool! I just re-read it (first time for the final version), and couldn't put it down, again. Also need to order another hard copy since I gave my other one away (not the signed one, of course). Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay indeed! I'm so glad you still enjoy it in its final rendition! Please keep giving it to friends! :-)

      Delete