Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Successful KeyCon and Some New Contract Work

Well, for anyone who was wondering, KeyCon turned out to be a reasonable success. It was a bit slower than I had expected, but I still managed to net triple my table money, so all in all it made for a good weekend. Plus, it was really great to meet so many interesting people!

(If you were at KeyCon and signed up for my mailing list and are wondering why you haven't heard anything from me yet, fear not! It's only because this has been a busy week and I haven't gotten around to updating my subscriptions yet. However, your welcome e-mail complete with free short story should come out in the next few days.)

If you are reading this and haven't signed up for my mailing list but would like to get updates about new books when they're released and/or go on sale, as well as receive the occasional free short story you can always sign up by clicking the link above that says Virginia's Mailing List.

Anyway, here's a shot of me running my half of the table at KeyCon:


And here's a slightly blurry shot of Katya and I and the whole table spread:



If you haven't had a chance to check out Katya's webserial and art yet, you really should. I was tempted to buy most of her prints over the weekend and only managed to restrain myself because that would have eaten up my profits for the whole event. Probably worth it in the long run, but hard to justify all at once. ;-)

And speaking of artwork, ever since I started working as a full time independent author one of my favorite things has been learning graphic design and using it to sell my own work. Recently, I've been selling my graphic design skills to others. I started selling my formatting services a while back, when I noticed that I was producing results as good as what the big five were churning out. And now I've decided that I've finally gotten my graphic design skills up to par for selling some book covers. So, without further ado, I present to you my fiverr gigs: 

Hmm... there's supposed to be a super nifty badge thingy, but it doesn't appear to be working. So here's a simple link instead: 




My hobby of playing with covers has now turned into a possible income stream, which is exciting and gratifying. So, if you know of anyone in need of cover or formatting services feel free to send them my way!

For those who are curious as to what my covers look like, here are some of my custom mockups:







*all covers are copyrighted and not for public use or distribution

3 comments :

  1. Wow, your covers look fantastic - I know who I'll be talking to when the time comes!
    (By the way, your fiverr link led me to a 404 not found error).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela! I would love to design a cover for you whenever you have need of one! As for the fiverr site giving you the 404 that's apparently because the whole site is down. :-( I'll try checking again once they have the site back up just to be sure though. Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  2. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. kündigen

    ReplyDelete